Coffee House

The Coffee House (Kofeiny Domik) is a pavilion on the Fontanka Embankment in Summer Garden, built by Carlo Rossi on the site of an old grotto from Petrine time in 1826.

Sculptured masks, wreaths and frieze are by the sculptor Demut-Malinovsky.

The Coffee House is now a souvenier shop and a cafe.

A companion Tea House - a simple neoclassical pavillion built  by Charlemagne in 1827 - is nearby.

Saint Petersburg (Russian: Санкт-Петербург) is the second largest city in Russia. It is located on the Neva River at the head of the Gulf of Finland on the Baltic Sea. St Petersburg is often described as the most westernized city of Russia, as well as its cultural capital.It is the northernmost city in the world with a population of over one million.

Population: 5 197 114 (2015)
Founded : 1703
Time zone : UTC+4
Federal District : Northwest
Area code : (00 7) 812
Postal code : 190000-199406
Former name : Petrograd (1914-1924)
Former name : Leningrad (1924-1991)