Mertens House

The Mertens Trade House (1911-1912) is a historical landmark building on Nevsky Avenue in St. Petersburg, designed by architect M. Lyalevich and sculptor V.V. Kuznetsova in the mixed moderne and neoclassical styles. This was the first building to use reinforced concrete for the structural frame, and the first to introduce huge glass windows in the form of arches. The building was home to a very popular fur store.

Saint Petersburg (Russian: Санкт-Петербург) is the second largest city in Russia. It is located on the Neva River at the head of the Gulf of Finland on the Baltic Sea. St Petersburg is often described as the most westernized city of Russia, as well as its cultural capital.It is the northernmost city in the world with a population of over one million.

Population: 5 197 114 (2015)
Founded : 1703
Time zone : UTC+4
Federal District : Northwest
Area code : (00 7) 812
Postal code : 190000-199406
Former name : Petrograd (1914-1924)
Former name : Leningrad (1924-1991)