Tea House

South of the Summer Palace in the Summer Garden stands the Tea House (Chayniy domik) - a simple Neoclassical pavilion built by the architect Charlemagne in 1827.

Doric column and balustrades are the principal architectural features of the pavilion.

Damaged by fire in 1981, it has since been restored and is now an exhibition hall. Carlo Rossi’s nearby Coffee House (Kofeyniy domik), on the site of an old grotto from Petrine times, is now a souvenir shop and cafe.

Saint Petersburg (Russian: Санкт-Петербург) is the second largest city in Russia. It is located on the Neva River at the head of the Gulf of Finland on the Baltic Sea. St Petersburg is often described as the most westernized city of Russia, as well as its cultural capital.It is the northernmost city in the world with a population of over one million.

Population: 5 197 114 (2015)
Founded : 1703
Time zone : UTC+4
Federal District : Northwest
Area code : (00 7) 812
Postal code : 190000-199406
Former name : Petrograd (1914-1924)
Former name : Leningrad (1924-1991)