Lomonosov Bridge is a historic bridge across Fontanka in the city of Saint Petersburg. The original (wooden) bridge was known as Catherine’s (Ekaterininski) Bridge in honor of Catherine the Great. When it was replaced with a stone one, it was renamed Chernyshev Bridge. The granite parapets and obelisks of the bridge were badly damaged during the siege of Leningrad. In 1948 the bridge was given a new name - the Lomonosov Bridge. Bridge's obelisks were gilded in the second half of the 20th century. The Lomonosov bridge is 57.12 meters long and 14.66 meters wide.