Church of the Nativity of Christ
One of the first temples erected in early Classicism architectural forms was the Church of the Nativity of Christ. It was built to the design of architect P. Ye. Yegorov in 1781 — 1798. The area, where the church was placed, was called ’the Sands’ (in the location of the modern Suvorovsky Prospect).
The names of ten Rozhdestvensky (Nativity) Streets and Rozhdestvensky District originated from the name of the church. The design of the Church of the Nativity of Christ is partly reminiscent of the one of the Holy Trinity Cathedral in the Laura. In 1934 it was demolished, a dull public garden laid in its place.
Early 20th Century, Postcard: