Church of the Resurrection of Our Lord

Baroque stylization marked the Church of the Resurrection of Our Lord built in 1901 — 1904 to the design of architect V. A. Demyanovsky at the entrance to the Smolenskoye Cemetery (on the right from the gates).

The church, beautifully decorated inside and outside, was successfully placed on the bank of the Smolenka, it added blue mood to the city corner covered by three cemeteries. Nowadays only the bare walls of the Resurrection Church,cmercilessly ravaged and disfigured, have been retained.

Saint Petersburg (Russian: Санкт-Петербург) is the second largest city in Russia. It is located on the Neva River at the head of the Gulf of Finland on the Baltic Sea. St Petersburg is often described as the most westernized city of Russia, as well as its cultural capital.It is the northernmost city in the world with a population of over one million.

Population: 5 197 114 (2015)
Founded : 1703
Time zone : UTC+4
Federal District : Northwest
Area code : (00 7) 812
Postal code : 190000-199406
Former name : Petrograd (1914-1924)
Former name : Leningrad (1924-1991)