Exaltation of Holy Cross Church
The 60-m multi-tier bell-tower of the Exaltation of Holy Cross Church (Russian: Собор Воздвижения Честнаго и Животворящего Креста Господня Казачьего Крестовоздвиженского собора) was built at the corner of Ligovskaya Street and the Obvodny Canal in 1810 - 1812. Designed by architect A. P. Postnikov, it is distinguished among church buildings in Saint Petersburg.
First of all, what astonishes is the light outline of the bell-tower, the proportionality of all tiers, surmounted with a narrow spire.
The composition organically incorporates two short chapels connected with the bell-tower by arch covered galleries of twinned columns.