Baltiiskaya (Балтийская) is a station on the Kirovsko-Vyborgskaya Line of the Saint Petersburg metro.
The vestibule of this station is decorated with bas-reliefs of outstanding Russian naval commanders of the 18th and 19th centuries: Fyodor Ushakov, Mikhail Lazarev, Vladimir Kornilov, Pavel Nakhimov and Stepan Makarov. The vault of the underground hall is supported by two rows of columns faced with sea-green marble from the Urals. This hall has no chandeliers nor torches – the sources of light (1200 electric bulbs) are concealed by the cornices. The greyish-blue marble of the walls, the vaults, reminiscent of swelling sails, the absence of any decorative details produce the impression of the open sea. The end wall is covered with a mosaic, The Volley from the Aurora, laid out with large slabs of marble and colored stone. Baltiyskaya station was opened on 15 November 1955.
Baltiyskiy Railway Terminal
1М, 1Мб, 10, 43, 65, 67, 67б, 70, 71.
Fixed Route Taxis:
К-62, К-67, К-186, К-252, К-404, К-281