Museum of Political Police
The Museum of Political Police at 6 Admiralty Avenue – opposite the Admiralty – housed the All-Russia Extraordinary Commission for Struggle Against Counter-Revolution and Sabotage (VeCheKa) from December 7, 1917, to March 10, 1918. The office of the first Chairman of the VeCheKa, Felix Dzerzhinsky, was also here. In 1974, a memorial museum containing 43 authentic exhibits connected with the life and work of Dzerzhinsky was opened. In 1994 it became a branch of the St. Petersburg Museum of Political History.