Palace of Grand Duchess Xenia

The Palace of Grand Duchess Xenia Alexandrovna is located in the historical center of the city of Saint Petersburg, on the Moika Embankment. Originally this palace was built for Princess M. Vorontsova, and was restored in late 19th century by Comte de Rochefor.

The two sisters of the Tsar lived very quietly in their palace at Petrograd. The Grand Duchess Olga had married an Oldenburg, the Grand Duchess Xenia had married the Grand Duke Alexander Michaelovitch. The son-in-law of the Grand Duchess Xenia is that very Prince Yussupof, Count of Sumarok-Elston, who executed justice upon Rasputin.

The last of the Romanovs, Charles Rivet, 1918

Saint Petersburg (Russian: Санкт-Петербург) is the second largest city in Russia. It is located on the Neva River at the head of the Gulf of Finland on the Baltic Sea. St Petersburg is often described as the most westernized city of Russia, as well as its cultural capital.It is the northernmost city in the world with a population of over one million.

Population: 5 197 114 (2015)
Founded : 1703
Time zone : UTC+4
Federal District : Northwest
Area code : (00 7) 812
Postal code : 190000-199406
Former name : Petrograd (1914-1924)
Former name : Leningrad (1924-1991)