Pavlovsk Palace Church
The Palace Church was built in 1797 from a design by Brenna. The absence of crosses and icons and the replica of pictures from the Hermitage indicate that the church was not actually used as a place of worship. The composition on the ceiling The Conversion of Saul was painted in 1798 by Johann Jacob Mettenleiter from the composition by Rubens.
The adoring angels on the iconostasis are the work of Mikhail Kozlovsky and were recreated from pre-war photographs by the sculptors Nadezhda Maltseva and Tamara Shabalkina in 1977.
The huge silver chandelier bearing the Imperial coat of arms was made in St Petersburg in the 18th century.